Sunday, April 18, 2010

To my friends :)

I remember, before I came into VJTI I was this guy for whom the definition of friends was “People to whom you say hi”. Going by that definition I had hundreds of friends then. In both school and in my junior college I assumed I had many friends but the truth was they were all good people whom I just knew. I never shared my problems, my issues, my worries with anyone. The reason I did so was because I didn’t know what actually a friend is. Ten years of my school life and two years of junior college I stayed alone in my own world of imaginations. I was my best friend and I shared my problems with myself. I enjoyed my happiness myself and I mourned all by myself. All my secrets were only mine. This attitude of mine made me strong but I am sure I might have missed a lot.

It was the first day of VJTI and I walked into the class and got acquainted to many but again was in my own world. My colleagues were my friends only during the college hours but after that it was the same old story. I had no clue of how some people got close. I did not understand the syntax and semantics of friendship. At the same time I hardly knew myself. I hardly knew about my positive and negative qualities. It wouldn’t be wrong to call me a hundred percent introvert then. All my feelings, emotions and thoughts were for myself. No doubt I mingled with people, I enjoyed their company but it lacked true friendship.

Two years passed and people around me weren’t just people then. I won’t name anyone but there were some who became really good friends. Third year of engineering was the best one for me. I cannot forget some moments which made me realize what true friendship is. It was then I slowly realized that there was a void in my life. That void didn’t let me be myself. That void didn’t allow me to share my happiness and sorrow with others. It was that void which didn’t let people see what I really am.

This was just the beginning. I realized how stupid I was to be alone in my sad times. Friends support you, they care for you, they just can’t see you unhappy…dammit why the hell I didn’t realize this before. It was altogether different in the final year. I changed, I changed the way I looked at others. Thanks to my friends I truly understood myself. Tough times made me strong but the presence of my friends during such times made me stronger. The happy moments were happier with friends.

Today I can say I truly have close friends, may be not plenty but yes I do have friends. Now for me it is difficult to define what a friend is but I can say for its way beyond the definition I thought before. Still if I try and define a friend then it has got to be “A friend is someone with whom you are just yourself, he/she cares for you, he/she knows you and appreciates your positive qualities but also accepts you with your negative ones, he/she would listen you sing even if its horrible, he/she will always bear your crappy talks, he/she would share their deepest secrets and vice-versa, he/she would be sad when you are, he/she would find you capable enough to solve their problems……”oh man I just can stop. I truly respect my friends because they have taught me to look at the world differently. I won’t be boasting when I say I am a much mature and sensible person today but this has been possible only because of YOU.

I may never tell you how much I will miss you, I may not shed tears for you, I may look indifferent , I may just be casual about the separation I l have to bear, I may just crack some PJ and hide my feelings but I want you to understand how much I will miss you. My friends have become a prime asset for me. I have left institutions before with hardly any sorrow but this one hurts. It hurts big time. It feels as though time is gonna cut away my limbs from me. But I believe the bond that exists between us will not affect the separation and the most important thing for which I would like to thank you is you have taught me to grow new limbs wherever I go.

I can’t put all my thoughts here as you know I am not that good with the pen so I sign off with a lot of things still unsaid………..

pls leave a comment for me :)

U rock! Keep smiling and I will always be there for you :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Spoke ur heart out totally.....

Thank you for writing dis(obv... I m assuming I m 1 of da frnds u hv mentioned!)

May ur new limbs be stronger dan da present ones!

priyanka said...

I am feeling as if ur pen has read my mind and converted that into words...Leaving this institute really hurts...

You are really changed and I am very glad to be ur friend.. :))

Raviraj said...

@vibhuti
obviously yaar u r :)

Danish Khan said...

u hv wonderfully penned ur thoughts.. gr8 to hv u as a friend! :)

Shraddha said...

I'm out of words to even write a comment...
what you wrote completely reflects what u were n what u r today... every sentence has a hidden Raviraj in it...
Loved it for the very same reason... :)

Rishil said...

I am assuming I am one of those YOUs..

well written! :)

Dhairya Dand said...

:):

Namrata Keshwala said...

Amazing post...!!
Perfectly describes the change all of us have seen in u in the last 4 years...
From Raviraj- the serious first bencher in maths and mahale's lecs.. To Rraj - easy-going and fun-loving :)

Am sure u'll go places!! \m/

Unknown said...

very well written indeed..!!
u truly defined a FRIEND!!

Rucha said...

your best post till nw...

dunno wether i am included in those friends...but i will miss u..and ur PJs for sure...

keep in touch

Raviraj said...

@rucha ya u r surely one of those :)

prashwari said...

kudos!!...nice one...probably will get emotional everytime u will read this at any point inlife hereon!

Unknown said...

No need to ask you whether I am there in the list. Well written, really from the heart!!! :)

I am really proud of the change in you, you have become such a great asset for me, I cannot even tell you!!
I am sure we will be "friends" forever.

Keep rocking on and keep on improving!!!

And zyaada udd mat!!! ;)

\m/

saurabh said...

brilliant post yaar....very well writtn....one confession ....in d first yr ....i tht u wr one of those guys whom i cd never bcme frends wid ...cz of the qualities of urself u mentioned in the first yr...but slowly by the end of 2nd yr and esp 3rd yr....i saw dis new raviraj ...cmpletely chilled and fun....very helpful as well....hv shared gr8 moments wid u doin flash cards...lol...and hw cn i 4gt B2B ..(wich i still feel is ur proj...nt mine...hahha...)...im sure ur gna go places....gud luck.....njoi life....and plzz do keep in tch....

Mitesh said...

friends made here are going to be for lifetime..without a hint of a doubt boss!!!!

En passant... said...

Hey very well written....even i thought u were n introvert then..but ther is a big diference since then till now...n now u r such a nice friend...will nevr forget u..
May u always b blessed with best friends!

bachha said...

b happy always..:-)
u made a difference in my life..

Pranav said...

great post yaar....undoubtedly the best one!